There’s been an vast amount of Justice League information go live that has nearly broken the internet, but more is still to come. The film’s official logo has been revealed in all of its beautiful glory, Steppenwolf is confirmed as the villain, Willem Dafoe’s character has been identified, and Ben Affleck has offered a tease of what to expect from the Dark Knight. But what about the plot? The synopsis is out and about, which you can read below, but there are an infinite number of questions to be answered. Fortunately, the veil was recently lifted on a few of them.
Justice League’s official synopsis:
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Now on to the good stuff. Below is a list of a few plot details that have emerged out of a recent set visit attended by members of press, courtesy of Comic Book Movie.
- Justice League will be a standalone film. Distinguishing itself from Batman v Superman, this ensemble will have a lighter tone as it focuses on the League’s alliance to battle a common threat.
- Taking influences from Jack Kirby, the comic legend responsible for the New Gods, the film will center around the search for Mother Boxes. There are three of them — one in Atlantis, one in Themyscira, and one in another undisclosed location on Earth.
- It’s set several months after the events of BvS, where most of its focus will be geared towards Batman assembling the League. Yes, Superman will return a bit later, and he’ll be donning longer hair.
- Aquaman’s wife Mera is set to appear as a sorceress and a warrior, whose chainmail laced costume blends with her skin.
- Space suits and wire will be used to piece together The Flash’s first costume. But later, Batman will craft the speedster a more “streamlined suit.”
- The costume for Cyborg will be all CGI.
- J.K. Simmons, who’s been seen beefing up for the role, will don a classic look for Commissioner Gordon.
- Junkie XL is confirmed to return to score the film, while Hans Zimmer’s role has yet to be confirmed; although, the composer recently stated BvS would be his last superhero film.
What’s the big takeaway from all of this? It’s going to be awesome! Hopefully. Justice League opens in theaters November 17, 2017.
Image: Warner Bros.