SAG-AFTRA Strike: Industry CEOs Apparently Left Negotiating Table

SAG-AFTRA Strike: Industry CEOs Apparently Left Negotiating Table

When it was reported last month that the WGA Stike was coming to a close, a lot of people thought that negotiations would also be done with the actors of SAG-AFTRA. We have gotten updates on their negotiations over the past few weeks, but it looks like their strike is going to go on for longer.

As per an official announcement, the industry CEOs were said to have left the negotiating table, and it was said that their last offer was even smaller than when the strike first began. Here’s the post:

As it turns out, the companies had been refusing to agree with how the industry was going to deal with the use of AI moving forward. They were also said to have refused the increase of wages to keep up with inflation as well as changing the method in which profit is shared among everyone involved.

SAG even says in the thread that their proposed revenue share proposal would have cost the company less per subscriber, but the offers have been rejected, and the companies did not offer any counter proposals.

According to Variety, the studios had presented their latest offer last Wednesday, which SAG didn’t agree to. The AMPTP did release this statement:

“After meaningful conversations, it is clear that the gap between the AMPTP and SAG-AFTRA is too great, and conversations are no longer moving us in a productive direction… We hope that SAG-AFTRA will reconsider and return to productive negotiations soon.”

By the end of the week, the SAG-AFTRA Strike would have lasted a hundred days; for context, the Writers’ Strike had lasted for 145 days.

We don’t know what the deal is going to be, but with the way the actors have been sharing their own stories about not getting proper compensation for work, AMPTP would do good to come back to the table and negotiate a fair deal.

Share

Written by:

2,410 Posts

View All Posts
Follow Me :
Geekfeed