This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
The Assassin’s Creed film may not have made as much of a splash as Ubisoft hoped, but the publisher and Fox are still rewarding fans with a home release packed with goodies. Assassin’s Creed hits Blu-Ray/DVD on March 21, while those purchasing digitally can get it as early as March 10.
Included in the film’s home release are 90 minutes of bonus features. The extras contain a five-part documentary, which will offer detail into how Ubisoft’s widely-successful series was adapted to the big screen for the movie-going audience. Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard will also appear in the bonus features, with director Justin Kurzel explaining how they brought AC to life. Additional extras are to include deleted scenes not shown in theaters, said scenes will feature commentary from Kurzel and editor Christopher Tellefsen. An image gallery will also spotlight the film’s costumes, concept art, and weapon designs.
You can check out the full list of features below (via GameSpot):
- Legacy of Assassin’s Creed: Justin Kurzel, Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard discuss the legacy of the iconic video game franchise and the original story created for the film
- Becoming an Assassin: Michael Fassbender and the rest of the cast explore the training required to become master assassins
- Tools of the Trade: The filmmakers discuss the inspiration behind the design of the costumes, hoods and weapons, as well as the signature hidden blades
- In the Realm of Realism: The Assassin’s Creed cast and crew discuss the recreation of 15th century Spain, as well as modern-day Abstergo
- Swift Moves and Stealth Maneuvers: An inside look at the incredible team behind the film’s action sequences, defying gravity with parkour and “leap of faith” stunts
Deleted Scenes Conversation with Justin Kurzel & Christopher Tellefsen
- Director Justin Kurzel and Editor Christopher Tellefsen look back on the scenes that didn’t quite make the cut
Deleted Scenes Conversation with Justin Kurzel
- Join Director Justin Kurzel and his key collaborators on Assassin’s Creed as they look back on the process of crafting the film
Gallery & More
- Photos from the set, concept, costumes and weapons art
Assassin’s Creed releases digitally on March 10; the film hits Blu-Ray/DVD on March 21.
Images: 20th Century Fox/Ubisoft