The Flash Director Wants Ezra Miller Back if a Sequel Should Happen

The Flash Director Wants Ezra Miller Back if a Sequel Should Happen

There’s been a lot of positive buzz about The Flash which comes out in a few weeks, but online netizens still remember that star Ezra Miller had been making headlines for some problematic behaviour.

Despite the controversy about Miller ending their Flash run with this movie, director Andy Muschietti thinks that Miller definitely deserves to return for a sequel should one get greenlit. Talking to The Discourse podcast (via The Playlist), Muschietti was asked if Miller would come back for a Flash sequel, and he replied:

“If [a sequel] happens, yes… I don’t think there’s anyone that can play that character as well as they did. The other depictions of the character are great, but this particular vision of the character, they just excelled in doing it. And, as you said, the two Barrys – it feels like a character that was made for them.”

Even before all the controversy, Miller was said to have been very dedicated with the making of the movie, and at one point even attempted to write the script for the film after multiple directors and writers came and went. Muschietti adds:

“In principal photography, Ezra was brilliant and the most committed and the most professional [actor]. Ezra gave everything for this role – physically, creatively, emotionally. They were absolutely supreme.”

So far, everyone online has against Miller and their antics, but based on all the positive early reviews that the film is getting—and Miller seemingly keeping their promise to stay out of trouble—it’s very likely we could be seeing more of their Flash down the line.

Then again, it’s not really up to Muschietti, and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Catch The Flash when it releases in theaters on June 16.

Share

Written by:

1,893 Posts

View All Posts
Follow Me :
Geekfeed