Update: Below is the new official trailer.
You’re the new Pathfinder. How far will you go? Watch the new Mass Effect: Andromeda trailer. pic.twitter.com/DIKgTXKgCG
— Mass Effect (@masseffect) November 7, 2016
Happy N7 Day, everyone! Ahead of BioWare and EA’s big reveals today, Best Buy has leaked details on the game’s deluxe edition. Said information includes the plot synopsis and the game’s box art. Read the synopsis below (via DualShockers).
Mass Effect: Andromeda takes players to the Andromeda galaxy, far beyond the Milky Way. There, players will lead our fight for a new home in hostile territory as the Pathfinder — a leader of military-trained explorers. This is the story of humanity’s next chapter, and player choices thorughout the game will ultimately determine our survival.
- Chart Your Own Course in a Dangerous New Galaxy
- Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity’s new home
- Lead the First Humans in Andromeda on a Desperate Search for our New Home
- In this new chapter of Mass Effect, meet and recruit all-new, interesting characters caught up in an epic space saga filled with mystery and galactic conflict
- Fight with your Pathfinder Team In Battle Against Terrifying Enemies and Creatures
- New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever
- Build a Formidable Hero With Amazing Weapons, Powers and Tech
- With a much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree, you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies
- For 1 player or up to 4 in multiplayer mode
Truthfully, these details don’t tell us too much more than what we already knew. However, it’s still pretty awesome to see it all finally coming together. Part of that coming together is the official box art. Note, the images for the PS4 and Xbox One versions are for the “Deluxe Edition.” Meanwhile, the PC version of the title seems to be the general look of the box.
Especially worth noting on the PC box art image is the N7 soldier’s “Ryder” inscription on the helmet. It’s a small, but nice touch made even more special by the fact that it appears to be hand-crafted.
We still don’t know when the game will launch, but it’s expected release window is early 2017.