The new God of War is looking great, and sounding awesome as it ventures into all new territory for the series. The game is still quite a way off from release, so the dearth of information is expected. However, the official website has gone live and with it comes a few new bits of information, which you can read about down below (via DualShockers).
- A New Beginning:
- His Vengeance against the gods of Olympus far behind him, Kratos now lives as a man in the lands of Norse Gods and monsters. It is in this harsh, unforgiving world that he must fight to survive… and teach his son to do the same.
- Second Chances:
- As mentor and protector to a son determined to earn his respect, Kratos is faced with an unexpected opportunity to master the rage that has long defined him. Questioning the dark lineage he’s passed on to his son, he hopes to make amends for the shortcomings of his past.
- What Lies Ahead:
- It is a new beginning for Kratos. Living as a man, outside of the shadow of the gods, he seeks solitude in the unfamiliar lands of Norse mythology. With new purpose and his son at his side, Kratos must fight for survival as powerful forces threaten to disrupt the new life he has created…
- Midgard and Beyond:
- Set within the untamed forests, mountains and realms of the Norse lore, God of War features a distinctly new setting with its own pantheon of creatures, monsters, and gods.
- Vicious, Physical Combat:
- With an intimate, over-the-shoulder free camera that brings the action closer than ever, combat in God of War is up close, frenetic and unflinching. Kratos’ axe -powerful, magic and multi-faceted – is a brutal weapon as well as a versatile tool for exploration.
Character renders and new key art have also recently surfaced, which only adds another layer of excitement to the game’s impending release. This bold new take on the series is sure to be as explosive as the tales that preceded it, if not more so.