Gearbox will launch an open beta for its next shooter April 8th on PS4 at 10:00 am PST. The beta will be available to all players, won’t require a PS Plus subscription, and ends April 18 at 7:00 am PST. Come the game’s official launch, those who participate in the beta will receive Battleborn’s first DLC pack and instant access to playable character Alani.
The download size of the beta comes in at 8.5 GB so pre-load will begin on April 6, through the PlayStation Store; access codes or sign-ups won’t be required.
Content included in the beta is listed below:
- The Algorithm: Take on The Algorithm mission to debug and unlock the rogue Magnus AI, ISIC. If you played in the Closed Technical Test last year, you’ll notice Geoff, the Spider King, has made a few changes to his lair.
- Void’s Edge: Bring a jacket, ’cause the ice planet Bliss is mighty cold. A Varelsi portal has opened and it’s up to you to fight your way through the invasion and deliver the payload.
Competitive Multiplayer Modes
- Incursion: (Overgrowth map) Destroy the enemy’s two Spider Sentry Drones before they get to yours.
- Meltdown: (Paradise map) Send waves of minions to their death and score points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator. The team with the most scrap metal wins!
- Party up with friends or search for random players to join them in Co-Op Story Mode episodes.
- Play Split-Screen in either Story Mode or Competitive Multiplayer Modes.
- Communicate with your teammates through in-game Voice Chat.
- Create private custom matches with friends to get a handle on controls and practice with new characters as you unlock them.
Battleborn’s release will see 25 playable characters available at launch with with free and paid DLC set to add to the roster. In the beta, players will have 7 characters available, with the rest accessible through gameplay progression. Player progression in the beta will not carry over to the retail game.
Battleborn’s full release is slated for May 3.
Source: PlayStation Blog; Images: Gearbox Software